Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thing 1: Reflections on Lifelong learning

I love learning. Always have, probably always will. I love the school supply aisle in the grocery store and office depot the way a computer nerd loves Fry's Electronics. Come to think of it, I love Fry's.

I've never enjoyed being lied to or horn-swaggled, that's why I enjoy rhetoric and deconstructing language so much. So, for example, when I get magazines from New Jersey promising to help with my TAKS scores, I just shake my head and recycle them. You don't buy TAKS materials or salsa from New Jersey.

I'm plenty challenged, but I don't find that a problem--an inconvenience maybe.

With that in mind, of these 7.5 habits, I must say that I find myself always beginning with the end in mind--my problem is I don't always see the route to get there. To quote Ratbert "I'm more of an idea rat." In fact, looking over this list again (for the 9th or so time) I think I find most of these easy to achieve. I could learn to use technology more efficiently and more to my advantage--just as soon as I finish grading these essays, and these timed writings, and these quizzes--yeah, I'll get right on that . . .

What do they say about the "road to Hell"--it's paved with, oh yeah, good intentions. Sigh.

Okay, so maybe number 6 could be difficult; and let's add number 5 to that, too. Toolbox? Does it have to be virtual? Does my cool highlighter with post-its in the barrel count? No? Hmmmm.

Right, well taking this course might buy me some time to actually start "creating" that toolbox, and today during my conference I went to the library to learn more about my Moodle from TR; I learn something about that site every time I meet with her, but I forget to do it immediately, and then I forget how to do it altogether. . .

Where was I?

Just kidding; I can handle 7.5.


3 comments:

  1. Just PLAY with your Moodle! You know you'll love it, as soon as you get done with those times writings and essays...

    TR

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the "times"essays that try men's souls . . .

    ReplyDelete