Monday, November 2, 2009

Choices, Choices: Thing 7B

What a few weeks it has been in the world and in the space that is my reader. I have, however, developed a pretty good routine of checking it quite often, and even emailing some of the stories to people I think would enjoy them--like the 9 decapitated bodies story I sent to NinjaMickey (hope that didn't stir up some Nam flashbacks).

My problem now is what to do with this Dilbert cartoon I found that still cracks me up everytime I see it. It is like a gift, just waiting for me at the end of the day to remind me to be happy. If you are a fan of Dilbert, you know that Alice has an issue with her "fist of death" that quite often reaches out and punches her more clueless co-workers--and mostly her boss--at random times. Sometimes she is pictured just clenching her own wrist trying to control it. I love those moments as I feel that I have a fist of death that I barely keep a lid on sometimes.

On another note, I had to comment on a series of articles and podcasts from NPR dealing with one of Madoff's buddies being found dead of a heart attack at the bottom of his pool. Really? How convenient. I wonder . . .

And finally, as if the Dilbert cartoon didn't crack me up, I found this tidbit: Man shoots himself while pulling his gun up into his deer stand. I tried to link it, but NPR says the page is missing, so sadly, I couldn't read the whole story. But really, why would anyone think tying a deer rifle to a rope and hauling up to your stand was a good idea? He only shot himself in the hand, so he didn't qualify for a Darwin award, but I wonder how good a hunter he is if he is that clueless about gun safety. So instead, NPR gave me some other stories I could read about other missing things like the page I was looking for including Amelia Earheart, Jimmy Hoffa, 18 minutes of Watergate tapes, and luggage. This little side trip made me very happy too; what a good idea it was.

That's all for now; happy reading.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for warning me about your fist-o-death. I'll remember not to sit too close to you during our breaks.

    Wow...let me see. I'm not a hunter, but I think I'd realize that dragging a loaded, safety-offed weapon up a tree with a rope (and I'm guessing the barrel was pointed upward) would be somewhat dangerous. What a genius.

    You are way better than I at keeping up with the reader. When I finally went back to complete 7B, I had over 1000 items in my reader. I think I need an extra me to do all of this stuff. I still love the concept of the reader. I just need to figure out a routine that works for me. Maybe, if I treated it like my email, I'd be more productive -- something to consider when all of this is over.

    ReplyDelete